Monday, December 1, 2008

What I thought of learn and play

I think Learn and Play was great! it provided me with new tools to help our customers. I learned an enormous amount of information while working on the 23 things. I really struggles with Flicker and attaching the picture I chose to my blog. But once I got past that, it was a breeze.

The things I liked most were, RSS feeds and setting up my own Blogline newsreader account. I also liked Librarything and plan to use it on a regular basis.

I wasn't too crazy about twitter or delicious. I don't think I have the personality to use them on a regular basis.

Now that I'm finished, I can see the value (as it relates to my job) of knowing how to use the information I learned from Learn & Play! It was worth the time and we as librarians need to keep exploring what's out on the web in order to remain librarian 2.0s.

No comments: